KAP and CHDK/SDM Java Utilities
This page describes various java utilities I've written since taking up KAP. Most of them provide support for CHDK and SDM - mechanisms for enhancing the power of many of the newer Canon Powershot cameras.
CHDK and SDM Utilities
- ASSIST, an Automatic Simple SDM Installation Setup Tool that makes the process of installing SDM as simple and painless as possible - runs under OSX, Windows (XP to Windows 8) and Ubuntu Linux
- STICK, a A Simple Tool for Installing CHDK that makes the process of installing CHDK as simple and painless as possible - runs under OSX, Windows (XP to Windows 8) and Ubuntu Linux
- ACID, a simple tool for downloading the appropriate SDM or CHDK build
- SDMInst - an Installer for SDM and CHDK for Mac OSX (10.3 or later).
- WICKS - an Installer for SDM and CHDK for Windows.
- LICKS - an Installer for SDM and CHDK for Linux.
- UBDebug, a PC-based development environment for CHDK scripts
- SDMUBDB, a PC-based development environment for SDM scripts
- A new version of a PC-based Editor for CHDK.CFG files. There's an SDM version available too. The new editors are table-driven to make maintenance easier. The old, now obsolete versions are still available here.
- a tool for comparing two SDM CFG files. Note that this java app will not work with CHDK CFG files.
- OSX and Windows Tools for processing raw (DNG) files produced by SDM (Version 1.85 or later)
- MacBoot (which replaces CBasicPrep), an OSX java application that will prepare bootable cards to run CHDK, DSLR hacks (such as Magic Lantern) and Canon Basic scripts. See here for more about Canon Basic
- a simple R/C PAP rig is described here with circuit diagram and Maestro Micro script.
Support for the clickPAN-SDM device
- a set of scripts for the clickPAN-SDM - a versatile device that lets uBASIC scripts running in an SDM-capable Canon camera control two servos
Configurator for 6 channel Programmable R/C Transmitter
- an OSX Configurator for the Turborix/HobbyKing/FlySky 6 channel 2.4GHz R/C transmitter
Obsolete or Experimental
- obsolete versions of my CFG editor for CHDK and SDM are here
- Simon Sherwin, creator of the TUCIT, asked me to write a program to help test TUCITs by scanning a set of photos, extracting the times they were taken and using the results to print a report. The TS program described here was the result.
- CHDK builds that support 'turning' the Mode Dial on the A560, A570 and A720 within a script. Note that these have become obsolete now that SDM provides this support for a much wider range of cameras - see the SDM uBasic commands "movie_mode" and "shoot_movie_for" commands here.
- an experimental version of UBDebug that supports strings
- an extension of Adam Dunkels original uBASIC that suppports strings
I hope you find these useful. Comments, suggestions and bug reports welcome. email@example.com
All of these programs are freeware, but if you've found any of them useful and would like to thank the author, you can make a donation to show your appreciation for the many hours spent writing them.